Thursday, September 3, 2009

Really? A Blog?

Still unsure.  Still curious.  Still deciding if I really want to do this.

It feels like a commitment.  It feels like opening the blinds on a window of our lives and letting people peer in.  And, to be honest, it feels a little bit like I'm saying, "Hey! Dig me."  And I so don't want this to be a Dig Me. (Dig Me: It means thinking pretty highly of oneself.)

I don't really know what will happen here. I don't necessarily have an agenda other than to encourage. And provoke a smile. And possibly make someone think. Possibly.

So, let's see what happens. I'm going to click the 'publish' button. You've been warned.

4 comments:

Judy @ In His Grip said...

I have to say it is a commitment. But you will start seeing things happening around you and in your family that will make you think that would be something good to blog about. Then you will have those that will say, "Mom, you better not blog about this." And by the way, I do "dig you" and there a lot of others out there that do too. People you do not even know yet. I just imagine myself reading your blog on a regular basis and peeing my pants:) There are some websites that will help make the format of your blog more creative one is "The Cutest Blog on the Block" and there are others too. Hope you do continue to blog there is a whole world of blogging out there that can be very addicitive, so this is your warning!!!!

Megan Moore Duncan said...

Everyone should have a friend like Judy!

Anonymous said...

Megan

What an awesome idea! You are my hero. I've been working up this idea that mothering is like icecream. All different flavors, sizes, and always goes to my butt! More later, I have to practice it on my MOPS group first.
Love ya bunches! Tracy

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you've made me laugh and inspired me for the last 2 decades and now other people are going to get that privilege. I look forward to wetting my pants with Judy and the rest of the world...

Love,
Dee

Post a Comment