Saturday, September 19, 2009

22 Years and Counting!

Dale bought me a ring, roses, a stuffed elephant (so I would never forget his love) and took me to a lake at sunset to propose.  I bought him a Boston album (yes, an album) and some socks.

In many ways, I think our marriage has been about just such disparity.  His family is quiet; mine, not so much.  Dale has always been the bread winner; I have mostly stayed home.  I am the one who jettisoned small children out of my body; he mostly tried to keep from passing out.

But we've been on the same page at times, too.  We had to be to survive job setbacks, devastating losses of family and friends, broken dreams, 3 miscarriages, major illnesses, and simultaneous teenagers.  And the two of us on a road trip are absolutely hilarious--at least to the two of us.

I don't know the secret for keeping a marriage together for everyone else.  But I know what works for us.  Every day, we choose each other.

Dale, I don't know why you took a chance on such a guarded heart, but I'm very glad you did.  Happy Anniversary, Darling.  I love you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

precious!-DC

Dale Duncan said...

I didn't have to take a chance. It was an easy decision to ask you to marry me - and one I would repeat. You listened and you made me laugh - just like you make everyone laugh today.

You are special! Sometimes you just need to accept that.

Happy anniversary to you. I love you Moore!

Dale

Anonymous said...

Oh thats so sweet!!!

Calder

Sheri said...

Okay Dale. That was sweet. I think I love you too! Just kidding, but really why wouldn't you two choose each other? You are absolutely perfect! A true match. 22 years encourages me! Nice job friends.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I must say you both are pretty amazing and deserve each other!! Congrats and here's to at least 50 more! Cathie

Anonymous said...

WOW! Not only are you both so loveable to each other,but you are so loveable to me!! i am honared to call you friends! Here's to 22 Moore! -Anita

Elaine said...

You both make really great choices. Here's to 22 and beyond!

Post a Comment