Sunday, October 18, 2009

Reunion Weekend

Cube 3 ruled.  It was like having 7 sisters.  We laughed and cried about boys, jobs, classes, and life.  We each had 7 other closets to rummage through to find just the right sweater vest or polo to wear.  There was almost always someone available to join you to grab something to eat or to join you on a trip to the beach.  And we played "Friends are Friends Forever" about half a million times.

This weekend was a reunion of my college roommates.  I was not able to go, but from all reports, it was pretty much like the old days, though, honestly, I didn't hear of any clothes sharing.  I am certain there were stories told, heartaches shared, and joys celebrated.  I thought of these friends so many times during the weekend.  How is that health scare turning out?  What happened to that relationship?   When was the last time anyone heard from that person?  What is like to have your kids walk through that? 

I am desperate to know how each friend is doing.  Not the kind of knowing that takes place on a "social connection website."  I want to know in the way good friends share together:  face-to-face, Kleenex close by, ready to hug at a moment's notice.  I want to look into their eyes and hear their hearts, and I want to tell each of them how they have impacted my life.

So, get ready Babes of Cube 3, because I WILL be at the next reunion.  I will need a brief update of whatever updating happened this weekend (I hope someone took notes), as well as the Cliffs Notes versions of each one's life since we last saw each other.  Let's start planning it for as soon as possible, please.

And if I happen to win McDonald's Monopoly, I'll see you all next week.

1 comment:

dene' hopkins said...

Enjoyed reading your blog...I, too, would love to get together with my cubies someday just to laugh! I'm sure your name would come up a time or two as well - you meanie! Just kidding, I promise!

I will follow your blogs, love to catch up. My blog is denehopkins.blogspot.com. I've had a touch of writer's block lately, but will get it current shortly. Love ya!

Post a Comment